I’m so stunned and humbled that Ambra from Veganquake has nominated my blog for the Liebster Award – Discover New Blogs. Thank you so much, this is super encouraging and made my night!
These are the questions I have to answer along with 11 random facts about me!
1. When did you decide that you wanted to write a blog for the first time?
I’ve always wanted to be a part of the blogosphere since I began reading blogs a few years ago, but never took action until I started religiously reading a few of my favorites last year and got inspired.
2. What’s your favourite place to write?
On any rooftop or by any body of water.
3. Dog person or cat person?
Dog person all the way! I hate cats and cats hate me, it’s a win-win relationship.
4. Favourite book?
Oh wow, this is a toughie…I’d say it’s a 3 way tie between Running with Scissors, The Bell Jar, and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
5. What is your favourite cuisine?
Thai food, any time of day, every day, always. I love Thai food.
6. Water or fire?
Water. I’m pretty sure I was a mermaid in my past life.
7. If you could travel anywhere tomorrow, where would you go?
8. The last time you had a gym membership? (I know, this is cheeky!)
Technically, I am a Planet Fitness member, but accidentally gave them the wrong credit card info and then moved last year so I now just ignore their calls…
9. Do you ever stick to cookbooks?
I love cookbooks! Although I rarely stick to them exactly, I get a lot of inspiration from them and love to just read them through.
10. Marmite: love or hate?
Not quite sure what it is but I’ve heard it’s quite gross. But, I’m up for trying anything (As long as it’s vegan of course hehe!)
11. Favorite quote & why?
“I would believe only in a God who could dance”…Not sure who said this, but I read it in a book a long time ago and it’s stuck with me for years. I just think it sums up life so well and encourages being spiritually connected to the universe but also being a free spirited wild child.
11 Random Facts:
- I’m an avid knitter & cross stitcher
- I LOVE to run
- I had two pet ducks named Helga and Jose when I was in high school
- Hey Arnold speaks to my soul and I know every episode
- Broccoli is my #1 favorite food and I’m planning on getting a broccoli tattoo in the near future
- I’m 22 and have a ton of gray hairs
- Swimming is my favorite thing to do in the whole world
- I have to wear socks when I sleep
- Modest Mouse is my favorite band and I basically worship Isaac Brock
- I have a huge crush on Joe Pesci
- My hometown best friends were in a Wizard Rock band (Harry Potter based…)
The blogs I nominate for the award are:
Your job is to answer these questions in a blog post and spread the Liebe!
Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you (see below)
Questions from tbirdchronicles:
- What is your number one reason for blogging?
- Would you rather have the ability to fly or breath under water?
- What is your absolute favorite food and why?
- Fruits or Veggies?
- What is your favorite season?
- Exercise: Love it or hate it?
- Where is your favorite place in the world and why?
- Who is your favorite author?
- What is your favorite thing about cooking?
- Extrovert or introvert?
- What are some words you live by and why?
4. Next, provide 11 random facts about yourself (see above notation)
5. Nominate 5 –11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer (see mine above!)
7. List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).